Tuesday, 18 October 2011

Halloween costumes!

So for Halloween this year, I'm going to a pirate themed party. My boyfriend plays in a "pirate rock band" where they dress as pirates and sing about the sea ( http://www.youtube.com/user/RepulsiveRapture ). His band are playing, and its in a pub run by a friend! I need a costume, and have been looking for some ideas, here's my favourite so far! 
Its not your typical girl pirate costume. They're usually "sexy wench" costumes. Don't get me wrong, I love the cute dresses available, but I know that other people are going to be wearing them! My friends Mom runs a business hiring out costumes, and she has some amazing pieces! I was thinking of something like this one bellow, and dressing it up with a few "pirate" accessories!
I was thinking I could make one myself, or get my Mom to make me one out of old curtains or something, and go as a voodoo queen, like Tia Dalma from Pirates of the Caribbean!


I've still got some time before the party to decide... I'll be sure to post pics!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment