Tuesday, 25 October 2011

What to do with my life

I have an illness called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Its also known as ME...
I've had it since I was 13 years old, and it sucks. It really does. 
Its a stupid illness because you don't always look ill. You may appear to be perfectly fine when in reality your suffering. I've had problems with concentration, memory, muscle pains, sleep disturbances, dizziness and balance, fatigue, joint pain, headaches, decreased mental and physical endurance, weight change, word retrieval problems (forgetting the right word), poor circulation and numerical difficulties...
That's a pretty big list of symptoms!
CFS has pretty much ruined my teenage years, I missed so  much school, and have jumped from course to course in college, having to give up because I've had a relapse, and ended up stuck in bed again. 
Enough is enough.
I've had it with this illness. I want to do something with my life instead of floating around bored and in pain. The only problem is, if I push myself, I'll be back in bed in no time. So I have to do this thing called 'Pacing'. A little bit extra every day to build up my strength. 
I always wanted to work with video games and be a concept artist. I've found a course that's perfect for me. There are however a couple of problems. I'm to late to start this year, so I'll be 22 amongst 16-18 year old people, which isn't so bad, but it does make me feel rather old :( Aaaaaand its miles away! My boyfriend travels there once a week for his mechanic course, and it tires him out. So if its tiring someone like him out, then what chance do I, a CFS sufferer have with having to go 5days a week! All I know is I want to do it. I have to do something! 
Who knows, maybe over the next year I'll be able to pace myself to healthy :P
Wish me luck!
<3

1 comment:

  1. Good luck! :) You should comment on my blog :)

    God knows I need more friends :)

    Crystal

    ReplyDelete